On July 16 2012, Madonna’s music video for Turn Up The Radio was released. The video was directed by Tom Munro.
At the end of the video, an exhausted Madonna lays down in the backseat of the car as the chauffeur says to her in Italian:“La festa è finita, adesso allacciati la cintura stronzetta!” which translates: “The party is over, now fasten your seat belt, bitch!”.
Watch the video:
On April 23 2013, Madonna was listed as a nominee in 3 different categories for the 2013 Billboard Music Awards:
- Top Touring Artist (for MDNA World Tour)
- Top Dance Artist
- Top Dance Album (for MDNA)
The 2013 Billboard Music Awards were later held in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 19 2013. Madonna won all 3 categories she was nominated in.
On March 21 2012, a William Orbit interview by Larry Flick to promote the release of MDNA aired on Sirius radio.
Madonna was also interviewed by Flick, although her spot aired a few days earlier.
On March 13 2012, Interscope released a preview of Madonna’s Superstar from her forthcoming MDNA album.
Superstar was written and produced by Madonna, Hardy “Indigo” Muanza and Michael Malih.
During the recording session, Madonna asked her daughter Lourdes if she would sing on the song and agreed. Madonna had this to say about Lourdes’ voice:
She has a very good voice. She’s quite shy about it and won’t admit it. Lots of people are knocking on my door to meet her about everything, movies, what-not. But she’s not really interested in any of it. She just wants to go to school. She says to me, ‘Mum, I just want to be a normal kid. I’m not ready for any of that.’ I respect that, and if she ever wants to work with me on any level, I welcome it. But otherwise, I leave her to homework and school.
On December 3 2012, Superstar was issued as a special edition free CD for the Brazilian newspaper, Folha de S. Paulo.
On February 8 2012, Madonna’s management issued a press release recapping her triumphant performance at the Super Bowl and looking ahead to the release of her new album, MDNA:
It’s been a record-breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers – the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history – and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl’s upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, “Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world.”
A key part of the album release included a first of its kind worldwide promotion by Clear Channel, a leading global media and entertainment company, which premiered Madonna’s highly anticipated new single and video, Give Me All Your Luvin’, across its full range of media platforms, including radio, outdoor, online and mobile on Friday, February 3. As part of the campaign, Clear Channel used extensive on-air and online promotions to drive listeners and Madonna fans to iTunes, where they could buy the new single and pre-order MDNA, scheduled to be released globally March 26.
Below are some of the astounding numbers that add up for Madonna this past week.
MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS:
- 50 Number 1’s – Pre-orders for Madonna’s MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes (biggest one-day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries!
- 11,000,000 – YouTube downloads of new Madonna video… and counting. The most searched subject on YouTube and Google during the Super Bowl
- 13 – Madonna’s new single catapults to the #13 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart
- 56 – Give Me All Your Luvin’ marks Madonna’s 56th appearance on the Hot 100 according to Billboard’s Keith Caulfield
- 117.8 Million – Peak audience viewership during Madonna’s halftime performance – largest in Super Bowl history – up 4.7 million from last year – surpasses Michael Jackson’s 1993 halftime performance – and exceeds by 3 million the number of people viewing the 2012 Giants/Patriots game.
- 47.1 Million – Households saw Madonna’s Super Bowl Performance
- #6 – Trending at No. 6 on European Airplay Charts
- #2 – iTunes Single, jumped from previous spot 11 after the Super Bowl
- 2500 – Spins in less than 48 hours at Top 40 radio
- 25 – Give Me All Your Luvin’ single’s chart debut
- 51 – Global Tour Dates Announced by Live Nation
- 1600 – Clear Channel Digital Billboards Around the Globe aired Madonna’s Give Me All Your Luvin’
On September 5 2012, Hard Candy Fitness announced the launch of the Addicted to Sweat DVD series. The fitness programs were created by Madonna and demonstrated by Madonna’s personal trainer Nicole Winhoffer.
Madonna had this to say about the series:
“Addicted to Sweat is inspired by my weekly workout regimen that helps me take care of my mind and body.”
Nicole had this to say:
“Madonna is my mentor and my teacher. Working together these last few years has enabled us to reach our goals in creating a beautiful and ideal physique for her. Through this experience, we were able to create training techniques that I get to showcase in the Addicted to Sweat DVDs.”