On December 27 2003, Madonna’s Nothing Fails/Nobody Knows Me single hit #1 and her collaboration with Britney Spears, Me Against The Music hit #2 on Hot Dance Singles Sales chart in US: it was the first time an artist had occupied the top 2 positions on the Singles Sales chart since Puff Daddy in 1997.
On December 9 2003, Madonna’s Nothing Fails CD maxi-single (featuring remixes of Nobody Knows Me) was released in the USA.
The CD included the following remixes:
- Nothing Fails (Peter Rauhofer’s Classic House Mix)
- Nothing Fails (Nevins Big Room Rock Mix)
- Nothing Fails (Tracy Young’s Underground Mix)
- Nothing Fails (Nevins Global Dub)
- Nothing Fails (Jackie’s In Love in the Club Mix)
- Nobody Knows Me (Peter Rauhofer’s Private Life Part 1)
- Nobody Knows Me (Above & Beyond 12″ Mix)
- Nobody Knows Me (Mount Sims Italo Kiss Mix)
Were CD single designers on strike when this was released? What happened to cool designs for singles? Lame lame lame ..
On August 24 2006, clothing retailer H&M released its Madonna inspired tracksuit. Madonna and select members of her crew from The Confessions Tour were also featured in the accompanying print ad campaign, photographed by Rankin.
The success of the campaign led to more comprehensive Madonna co-branding ventures with H&M, D&G, and to the eventual launch of her own fashion brands – Material Girl and Truth or Dare by Madonna.