On May 2 2015, Madonna participated in an Ask Me Anything interactive chat with Saturday Night Online – live with Romeo.
During the chat we learned the following:
- Madonna’s mantra is “Live each day like it’s your last.”
- She wanted to release Falling Free from MDNA, but didn’t because “it’s not conventional enough.”
- She most enjoyed filming the music videos for Justify My Love, Open Your Heart, Material Girl and Like A Virgin.
- Madonna enjoys rosé wine.
- She would love to release an album (or maybe more than one) of unreleased material. She said that it would be a “long ass album.”
- She likes the idea of recording with Britney Spears again.
- She thinks Drake kisses like a girl, “Don’t kiss Drake, no matter how many times he begs you to.”
- Her party playlists include: Kaytranada, Grimes, James Blake, Harry Belafonte, Duke Ellington, Major Lazer, Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix.
On December 27 2003, Madonna’s Nothing Fails/Nobody Knows Me single hit #1 and her collaboration with Britney Spears, Me Against The Music hit #2 on Hot Dance Singles Sales chart in US: it was the first time an artist had occupied the top 2 positions on the Singles Sales chart since Puff Daddy in 1997.
On November 29 2003, Britney Spears’ Me Against The Music (featuring Madonna) peaked at #35 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the USA.
Me Against The Music was recorded by Britney Spears and Madonna for Spears’ fourth studio album, In The Zone. It was written by Spears, Madonna, Christopher “Tricky” Stewart, Thabiso Nikhereanye, Penelope Magnet, Terius Nash and Gary O’Brien.
I always forget this song. Even when it came out I listened to it a few times and then the CD single started to collect dust. When was the last time you listened to Me Against The Music? Do you consider it to be a “hit” for Madonna – or do you pretend it never happened like me? – Jay
On August 28 2003, Madonna performed Hollywood with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera as the opening number for the 20th annual MTV Video Music Awards at Radio City Music Hall, New York, NY and upstaged everyone at the ceremony when she shares a passionate open-mouth kiss with them. Missy Elliott also joined the ladies on stage – post-kiss.
Madonna commented on the uproar surrounding the infamous kiss during an appearance on Oprah several weeks later. “I don’t know why people are making such a big deal about it,” she said. “Hasn’t anyone seen two girls kiss before? It was a friendly kiss – it really was. If Britney looks as though she is kissing me in an aggressive way it was a surprise to me.” She added, “I’m a showgirl. After 20 years in the business, we learn to roll with the punches. If someone’s coming at you with lips slightly parted, you kiss them.”